Fog Free Lens Acceptance
Finally it's clear: Opticote's FOG FREE eliminates the "white wall" condensation that occurs during the transition between environments at different temperatures. Whether for safety or convenience, Opticote's FOG FREE means the quality of vision is never compromised by condensation.
The following guidelines must be followed to insure proper application and performance:
- Plastic, polycarbonate, trivex and high-index are acceptable lens materials.
- Color cast materials along with Polarized lenses can be coated
- Finished UNCUT lenses no larger than 78mm and without knife edges are required
- Bifocals, trifocals, and slab offs can be coated – be advised of potential drip marks that may not cut out
- Thermal cure process with dip hard coat primer and Fog Free coating, 2 day turnaround
- TINTS cannot be coated at this time
- Only allowable coating is original manufacturer front side hard coat – do not backside hard coat lenses.
- Lens cleaning with an alcohol-based cleaner is highly recommended
- Periodic rejuvenation of Fog Free coating is recommended for optimal performance.
*See our Fog Free care instructions for proper care of your lenses.